Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Another set of beauties...

I don't know what it is about really warm days, but we always get hatchlings those days! Maybe they just want out of the warm egg. These are another set of Goliath x Rafiki eggs...  a bit different than the first.  When  I opened the container, the geckos were in a ball and when I tried to separate them to get them cleaned up with a q-tip, they were so stiff and not moving I thought they were dead. I was so worried but I kept cleaning them off anyway... especially when I saw that we had a little one with pinstripes!
When I had them separated, I almost gave up because they weren't moving... but then the pinstriped little one started breathing, so I started breathing, too. Then he ran right off the table... yup he was alive.

Good looking little one isn't he? We don't have a name for him yet though.

After getting him into his critter keeper, I started working on getting the second hatchling cleaned up. It took him longer to get ready for the world. Got an interesting zigzag dorsal on him... but the best part...

The sides! Look at that patterning! (Yes I used a flash for this photo, I don't like to do that) 


We are still waiting for Gambit to give in and lay her eggs. She keeps digging in her laybox but that's all she does. She's a tease... and so are her last offspring... some days they look like red/cream others a odd brown/cream. I am going to be updating photos and weights either tonight or tomorrow so be sure to check those out!

Maybe it's time to find Pickles a lady... 


No comments:

Post a Comment